Each and every one of us have come across a smoker in our lives, no matter what we say to them they can’t get out of that habit, that’s how much they’re addicted to the deadly habit of smoking.
There are several reasons why we should not smoke, here are some of them
- Three of the famous Marlboro men namely David McLean, Dick Hammer and Wayne McLaren died of Lung Cancer, earning the nickname Cowboy Killer’s for Marlboro Reds.
- Lung Cancer is mainly caused by smoking, there are 3000% more chances of getting lung cancer if a person smoke.
- Smoking increases the risk of type 2 diabetes, smokers have 30-40% more chances to get diabetes.
- Two out of every ten people dying of heart related problems are smokers. The risk doubles and triples for a smoker.
- Smoking thickens the blood and plaque starts building up in arteries obstructing the blood flow, causing Erectile Dysfunction in men and other problems in women, leading to complicated sexual relationships.
- People having Hepatitis B or C, if they smoke regularly, it’ll lead to developing liver cancer faster than the people who doesn’t smoke.
- Sometimes egg gets fertilized in fallopian tube and not in the womb, leading to Ectopic Pregnancy in women who smoke, this type of pregnancy happens 1 in 100, more than 12% of these females are smokers.
- People who smoke regularly are most likely to die due to Colorectal cancer. Smoking also increases the risk of getting Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Smoking also increases the risk of eye diseases such as cataracts, dry eye syndrome, glaucoma and retinopathy.
- One is more likely to get recurrent tuberculosis, if he/she has been diagnosed for tuberculosis in the past, and smoking doubles the chances.
- Only in United States more than 290$ billion dollars was spent on medical care of smokers in one year.
- Studies have proven that 11 minutes of life is reduced with every cigarette you smoke, and a regular smoker reduces his life by around 10 years.
- Secondhand smoking is also very dangerous, in one year it caused more than 42,000 deaths due to heart related problems and asthma was worsened increasing the affected to somewhere between 1,50,000 and 3,00,000 in United States alone.
- Smoking also causes brain stroke in both smokers and secondhand smokers by thickening the blood and clotting it leading to stroke.
- The number one reason of Bladder cancer is smoking, one in every two bladder cancers is caused by smoking. Cervical cancer risk doubles in women who smoke, decreasing the body’s immunity to fight HPV. Women who smoke have a harder time during menopause.
- Immune system gets weaken due to smoke, due to which body loses its ability to fight diseases. It also increases common illnesses.
- There are more than 70 known cancer causing chemicals in a single cigarette. Fertility rate decreases in both men and women who smoke. Wound healing process decreases for smokers.